24 January 2009

Spring 2009 Workshops



The wait is over. Here are details of my Spring 2009 Workshops.

I've had a great response so far so if you're interested let me know. My contact details are here.

All workshops will run for six weeks from my cottage just outside Roscommon town.



Knitting
- Tuesday February 3rd, 7.30 – 9.00 pm

Knitting is the new yoga and all the stars are doing it too including the cast of Sex & the City! If it’s something you have always wanted to do, or if you haven’t done it since primary school, this is the workshop for you. You will learn how to cast on, knit and purl, basic stitches, cast off and finishing. We will also look at knitting from a pattern and decipher all those abbreviations pslo, k2 etc etc.

Bring a ball of wool and a pair of needles, notebook & pen.



Card Making Friday 6th February 7.30 - 9.00 pm


This workshop is suitable for beginners or advanced card makers and scrap bookers too. I teach a different technique every week - rubber stamping, collage, stencilling, embossing to name but a few. The emphasis of all my workshops is on using things that we already have i.e. create and re-create. My tin can cards are always very popular as you're not only making something new but your recycling at the same time.

All materials will be supplied but I do suggest that people bring a notebook, pencil, their own scissors and glue stick. Feel free to bring your own blank cards also to avail of all the materials.

Sewing - Fashion Accessories Saturday February 7th - 10.00 am - 1.00 pm

If you love fashion but like to give your clothes an individual look this is the workshop for you. We will make and embellish a tote bag, corsage and belt and learn a number of techniques to embellish your clothes such as embroidery, beading and fabric painting.

A sewing machine isn't necessary but if you have one gathering dust at home bring it with you and I'll get you started. Otherwise all these items can be sewn by hand and I will have my own sewing machine available to use on the day.

Please bring a sewing needle, thread, pins, pin cushion, dress making scissors, pencil, notebook and a t-shirt for the first night. If you have any old buttons, beads, ribbons etc bring them too.



Sewing - Home Accessories Saturday February 7th, 2.00 - 5.00pm

For those of you who look at all the house magazines, visit the Laura Ashley shops and drool over the cushions and accessories this is the workshop for you. I will show you how to make custom cushion covers and an apron and teach you various techniques to embellish your home furnishings. Ideally you will bring your own sewing machine. However, I will have my own sewing machine available to use on the day. Please bring a sewing needle, thread, pins, pin cushion, dress making scissors, pencil, notebook and material (1-2 yards cotton) for the first night. If you have any old buttons, beads, ribbons etc bring them too.

Click here to contact me.

2 comments:

  1. Fab idea your workshops Michelle!!

    I have left something for you on my blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming to my blog.Too bad you live far because I would LOVE to go to one of these workshops;( I like the idea for the e-book. I'm making your blog one of my favorites to check upon your cardmaking!Supercute hun!

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin