19 December 2008

Coffee and Cookbooks

Nothing like a coffee and a mince pie in amongst the christmas prep chaos!! Especially when it's in one of my new Christmas cups !



While having my coffee yesterday I flicked through just some of the magazines I've bought over the last couple of weeks which all seduced me with their christmas covers (not that I need seducing!) and my cookery books. On top of that I have several recipes I've been scribbling down watching all the christmas cookery specials on tv lately !!



I've been writing a list (and checking it twice) of all the things I want to bake. So far the list is quite extensive and I have 5 different versions of mince pies ... I think it's time to narrow that one down. I'll let you know which one I go for, once I decide that is!

I then got side tracked with this gorgeous book my mum bought me.



How times have changed ...











My favourite thing about old cookery books are the handwritten recipes that are inevitably inside.



I do exactly the same in my cook books and I hope one day that someone enjoys a coffee whilst flicking through my cookery books and recipes just as much as I have.

Here's to coffee and cookbooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin