23 October 2012

Christmas countdown





I am still here!!! I know I've not blogged but I am super busy with workshops, orders and getting ready for Christmas. I'm sewing, knitting, crocheting and candle making!!! I need another three days in my week. In between that I am trying to get my accounts done and deal with the loss of my laptop. Yes it's gone, the motherboard is kaput and I am now working with a pile of discs containing the last five years of my work. Scary!!! But at least I have them, thanks to my amazing friend Carrie!!!

I'm sure you don't want to hear all the details though. I just need to sell lots at Christmas so I can buy a new one. Thank goodness for the iPad in the meantime!

So here's a few pics from the workshop I ran at the weekend, tea cup candle making.








I decided after the class to make some for Christmas while I had all the pans and wax out. I've been collecting these gorgeous glass icecream dishes especially.








I was going to go with a dark red for Christmas but I think the pink looks lovely on the dish.

Apart from all the Christmas makes I've also been making a star wars Halloween costume for a friend's star wars mad boy!

He gave me some pics to work with and after a few hours of pinning and cutting I made this ...




Quite pleased with how it came out and even better was the reaction from the happy recipient :0).

Right, time to get back to my sewing machine and the get ready for the last of my evening sewing classes tonight.

Never a dull moment. What's everyone else been up to??

M x

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of making a homemade candle in a tea cup!! The wax you were mixing looked like peppermint!
    I am so sorry about your computer!!! You have such a good attitude though, I bet you get a new one in no time!
    You have a lovely blog! : )
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin