28 July 2011

A use for everything ...


I started to knit this bag last year with odd balls of wool I had been given, actually I think it was the year before !!

It was just one (of many) things unfinished that I put in a 'to do' pile and that pile got moved from room to room, cupboard to cupboard etc etc until this week!



I finally sewed it all up and after quite a while laying out fabrics and choosing a lining I eventually made a decision.  None of the above, of course!

And after adding straps (a belt off an old skirt) I thought it needed one more thing ... a spotty bow of course!

And finally here's what I ended up with ....





Not bad considering the wool was given to me, the lining was out of an old skirt and the polka dot material was leftover from something else :O)

There's a use for everything (says the girl with the cottage that is overflowing with stuff!)




2 comments:

  1. It's charming, even nicer than a premeditated bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I like that bag!! Wish I was clever enough to do something like that!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin