18 October 2010

Painting



So here's what's been soaking up most of my time lately.

We started this painting last week in college.  I have to say when I started I wasn't too impressed, hence not sharing it with you all :o) 


However as the hours and days have passed I've persevered with it and am a little happier with the result.



I'm really trying to get the texture of the knitting right but it's soooo tedious to paint and I'm so impatient!


Almost there !!


For those of you who want to try this yourselves I used acrylic paints and it's painted on primed (50/50 pva and white emulsion) cardboard.

8 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS :) have you ever tried painting on wood?? its alot of fun and the end result .. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - I can't believe how well you've captured the texture - you obviously have more patience than you think:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww how pretty :) Good job, keep up the good work. Would make a nice christmas present for someone :)

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so sweet and you did a great job on her facial features!
    bravo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turns good! It would be lovely for a girl nursery! :) or craft room. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, check out my cookies, I think You will like them:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the picture michelle,wow its so cute, this defo has to go into a frame in your single room. Really gorgeous. Vick

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin