19 July 2010

Chunky Knitting

I hate to admit it but I think our summer may just have been and gone :o(  There are some who say it will be back in August but I've been hearing that for the last few years so I can't help but doubt it.  But every cloud has a silver lining and mine is that I'm back knitting. 

I got this lovely scarf last year in the charity shop for a euro, purely for the wool.  I finally got round to ripping it up, before checking the lable ... oops it was a rather good make .. Gant.  Oh well I've started knitting it up into a bag.  Yep, another knitted bag!! 




I have no pattern, I'm just winging it.  I want to make one of those square bags with a handle like a button hole ... surely it can't be that hard??

So far it looks like this. 


(By the way, the table cloth in the background - only 50p from a car boot the last time I was in London - love it !).

Right I better get it finished as I'm meeting up with the Cast Offs tomorrow for our weekly knitting group.

Before I forget, thank you so much for all your well wishes. I'm happy to say I'm feeling much better now and have lots to share with you over the next week!

3 comments:

  1. Your knitting looks wonderful! Can't wait to see the bag you make! I will gladly share some of my summer with you! It's ridiculously hot and humid here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog!!

    I love your knitting!!

    I am a papercrafter, if you fancy popping over and having a look at my Blog, I have a give away going till 25th July!!

    Dont say that about Summer!! mind you, as you say, at least you can get back to crafting, knitting gets a bit squeeky when your hands are hot, doesnt it:)
    love
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely, surely there will be more summer. Please knit all your hopes into that fine bag..

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin