17 January 2010

Knitted Mug Cozy


I'm not really a mug fan.

In fact when I lived in New York it drove my roomate nuts as I only every wanted to have brunch in Cafe Mogador as they seemed to be the only ones in the East Village that actually served coffee in a cup!!

I digress.

However, when I saw this pic



in a magazine I decided "I want one of them" so I decided to make my own and here it is ...




I didn't have any pattern, I just winged it.


I used chunky wool and cast on 13 stitches and knit 1, purl 1 until I 'thought' it was long enough to wrap round the mug (until it measured approx.  5inches).  Then at the next row I cast off 4 stitches at the beginning and continued k1,p1 across (9 stitches)
Then I cast off an additional 4 stitches at the beginning of the next row, leaving 5 stitches and continued k1, p1 until I had a long enough bit to button through the handle.

Honestly it was so much easier than it reads!


1 comment:

  1. Darling this is such a good idea, I love it...wish I had one. Actually I wish I had your talent to knit one for myself.

    Lovely blog
    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin