18 November 2008

Oh Sew Lovely ... thrifty cushions

What do you think of my star cushions?

I saw something similar in a shop and thought 'I could make that' so I got home and using a trusty Penney's paper bag, drew out a star



Then I used that as a pattern and cut out the shape with some fleecy material



and voila .... a gorgeous star shaped pillow which, if I say so myself.



Of course it didn't stop there!



I saw this really cute cushion in a magazine and decided "I could make that" so I rummaged in the cupboard and found two old cushion covers and made a rough drawing of rudolph onto the rest of the brown paper bag (we're in a recession guys, gotta use everything :o)

Then I pinned it to the cushion



and using some old red wool stitched around the shape and voila ... two rudolph cushions ready for Christmas.



All that's missing is the red nose .... because my craft room is a complete mess and I can't find the ones I bought last year. I know I have them, it's just a matter of finding them :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin