28 October 2008

Oh baby it's cold outside ...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr that's what I said when I got up Sunday morning to go for a walk. I had to come back inside for a hat and gloves and it was then that I remembered my sis gave me her scarf a week or so ago and asked me to 'do something' with it as it had frayed. So .. when I got back from my walk I lit the fire, got my sewing machine out and basically didn't leave the kitchen until Monday!

This was the scarf with it's frayed edges ...



This is how it ended up ... I trimmed it with some scrap fabric and sewed on some sequins. I hope she likes it!




Of course I couldn't stop there. On Saturday I went shopping and bought this lovely beret.



I couldn't just leave it as it was, so I trimmed it with some braid I bought the other week and a fabric flower and big button. I LOVE it now and can't wait to wear it but I think I'll wait until nearer Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin