9 February 2008

Spring is in the air!




The weather has been gorgeous the last couple of days. On Thursday the sun was shining so much that I had to wear sunglasses when washing the windows of my cottage - honestly - it was really strong and felt lovely and warm on my back :o)  I opened all the windows of the cottage and the front door and french doors out the back and gave the place a good airing after being closed up all over winter. 
 
After I'd done that I decided to investigate the damage to all my pots and was so chuffed to see that all the spring bulbs I planted last year are all starting to come through.  Don't you just love spring!  Of course, typical me, I can't wait for the flowers to start blooming so I took a trip to the garden centre and bought some primroses and planted them in window boxes today.  They are so lovely.  Nothing like primroses to brighten up the place after a cold and miserable winter.   I also planted a weeping willow on the side of the drive (boreen) down to the cottage and yep, you've guessed it, I can't wait for it to grow!! 
 
Ok I may be going a bit ott but I also planted some seeds ... some sunflower seeds.  I've got them in the kitchen so hopefully they should be ok.  I have to say I was REALLY tempted to buy so much in the garden centre but refrained.  OOooooh I can't wait for the summer it's going to be fabulous :o)   I even bought two gorgeous polka dot beach towels in Penneys today ... for all the sunbathing I'm going to do this summer ... fingers crossed ;o)
 


Free upgrade for your Windows Live Messenger! Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin